+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 10-18-2011, 03:04 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PS3 Sixaxis Controller + Touchpad + CM7 = Awesome!!!!!!!!
I did the following below and then loaded SNES Eumlator with some roms. Stayed up late playing Mario brothers haha.
You will also need the Sixaxis software which can be found on android market to be installed as well.
(Content Below copied from http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/s...ller/tool.html )
To use the Sixaxis and DualShock 3 controllers, you must first pair them to the device you would like to use them with. This must be done with a Mini-USB cable and PC running windows.
To do this, first download and install the setup program below and follow the instructions.
Once installed, run the program by clicking on its shortcut from the start menu. A window will appear that contains a line reading Current Master: Searching... You can now plug the controller in via the USB cable and the text should change from 'Searching' to some text in the format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx. This is the bluetooth address of the device that the controller is currently paired with. To pair the controller with your phone, you need to know its bluetooth address. This address will be displayed at the bottom of the 'Sixaxis Controller' application on your phone after you have clicked the 'Start' button. Once you have this address, you should enter it into the SixaxisPairTool exactly as shown, then click the 'Update' button. The 'Current Master' should now match the address of your phone and you can move on to the next step.
Important: There was a problem with version 0.2.2 and earlier of the tool that would stop the driver from correctly installing. Version 0.2.3 should remedy this problem. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you still experience problems with the latest version, please let me know.
Download link: SixaxisPairToolSetup-0.2.3.exe - [Size: 10.25 MB]
For those having problems with the latest version, please try this old version. You must have the controller plugged in when you run the installer: SixaxisPairToolSetup-0.1.exe
Alternatively, there is a utility for linux, called 'sixpair', that you should be able to find floating around the internet.
Command line utility version of 'sixpair' for OSX can be downloaded from here. Modified source code can be found here. This utility requires libusb, which can be downloaded from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/. Choose the binary for your version of OSX.
- Download and install the application from the Android Market. It is highly recommended that you first download the 'Sixaxis Compatibility Checker' app to make sure your phone is compatible before purchasing the full application.
- Tap the 'start' button and wait for bluetooth to initiate. If you get an 'Error: Missing required protocol' message, your device is not supported.
- If not already done, you must manually pair the controller with your phone. This can be done using 'SixaxisPairTool', or with 'MotionInJoy' or the linux utility 'sixpair'. Your phones bluetooth address should be shown at the bottom of the main application window and will look something like 1A:3C:13:00:21:C2; you need to enter this number into the 'SixaxisPairTool' as shown. This process only needs to be done the first time a controller is used on a different device, so if you only use the controller on one phone, you will only need to do it once.
- Once paired, unplug the USB cable and press the power button on the controller. If successful, the lights on the controller will stop blinking and a single light will remain on.
- If you are running the compatibility checker, and pressing buttons on the controller results in button presses showing up in the app, congratulations, you can now download the full app.
- Tap the 'Change Input Method' button and select 'Sixaxis Controller'. You should now be able to use the controller in any games or applications that support key bindings, such as many emulators.
- Subsequent controllers can be added at any time by pressing their power buttons.
- You can change the fallback input method and key mappings in the applications settings.
Last edited by korrupt3dazn; 10-18-2011 at 03:05 PM.
- 10-18-2011, 06:01 PM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sounds awesome cant wait to get home and try it!!!
- 10-20-2011, 09:40 PM #3