Using you Palm Pre to crack your PS3
Found this on another site and apparently it works. I don't own a Pre or a PS3 so I can try it out, but someone might find this useful. I'll add the usual 'Do it at your own risk yadda yadda yadda' stuff. But anyway here's how to do it:
"hay Guyz Guess What
We Could Hack the ps3 With our Palm Pre....
Check Out www.psfreedom.com....
But i have the newest Compiled file... Here: psfreedomv4.ko - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
1. Open up Preware (or whatever package application manager you use) and download the app Terminal.
2. DO NOT UPDATE TO Firmwire Version 3.42 Or 3.50
3. Plug your phone (Pre or Pre Plus--it doesn't matter) to your computer and enable usb mode.
4. Copy the psfreedomv4.ko file to the ROOT of your phone. The root is the main directory of the phone--the same place where your music, ringtones, videos, etc. folders are.
5. Eject your phone and reboot it.
6. Open up the Terminal app and type the following: insmod /media/internal/psfreedomv4.ko
7. Press enter. If it gives an error about a file being busy, just retype it and press enter again.
8. If successful, another line should appear.
9. Now turn the switch in the back of your PS3 off (or unplug the cable if you have a slim) and then flip it back on (or plug the cable back in).
10. Plug your phone into the first usb port. Turn on the console and immediately afterwards press eject.
11. If you did it right the PS3 should take a little longer to boot. Now check the game column and you should see two new icons.
12. Download the backup manager--Google it, I am not providing it. And place the manager.pkg file onto the root of any usb flash drive.
13. Plug it in to any available usb port and open the Install Package Files icon on the PS3.
14. After installing it, simply back out and open the newly installed program.
15. If a disc is inserted you should see the title on the screen. Press circle to backup to an external harddrive (must be formatted to FAT32), press cancel to backup to the internal drive.
16. After it is done, you may eject the disc and backup another game. But remember, a game disc MUST be inserted to play a backup.
17. And you're done! To boot up a game, simply open up the backup manager and press x on the title you want to play. Reboot your phone to restore USB functionality.
18. Peace out.
***If you turn off your PS3 and your phone is still plugged in, you don't have to redo any extra steps. Just hard-power it off, press power then eject immediately afterwards, and you're good to go.
However, you must do this process every time you want to boot up backup manager It is not a permanent jailbreak--think of it almost like a tethered iPhone/iPod touch jailbreak."
Like I said. I don't own either device so I can't vouch for this, but it looks interesting.
can you do it with the xbox
Yeah i heard about this but I have a question. Which ps3s are hackable? Is there a software update that blocks hacking? I was goin to buy a ps3 but need to know which ones i can hack, because I am 100% hacking it. Thanks for the feedback!